Vivian Eastwood Blog marketing breakdown:
To become the first Chinese contemporary fashion and design consulting site in English language.
Bring out the sharpest analysis and edgiest design and fashion ideas from modern China.
Aims to create a visually appealing site for all readers who are interested in contemporary Chinese design and fashion marketing .
1. write an article about foreign luxury brand in China
2. submit blog to http://blogs.botw.org/ La Crem de la Crem, Best of the Web’s Blog Directory is very selective and only lists aged and valuable blogs. A link from here is majestic and well deserved.
3. register on Chic http://www.chictopia.com/ and become a member and leave comments in forums and discussions.
4. Publish your contact information on your Blog and your Picture.Go public, don’t hide! People love to know who you are and what you do. A picture helps people to remember you… it’s called Branding!
1. writing an article and leave comments on style bubble blog
2. submit blog http://www.bloggeries.com/ has the best categories and subcategories home page on the internet. The layout is clear and concise, and readers are able to find what they are looking for in a snap!
3. Visit http://www.style.com/community/forums/ and leave comments on popular forums
- submit my blog to http://portal.eatonweb.com/ is a real jewel with many aged inbound links and a blog rating system. You may have to pay a fee for your blog to be reviewed, but like Yahoo, the review fee is well worth the few dollars.
2. Submit your RSS Feed to Feed Directories.
http://www.rss-specifications.com/rss-submission.htm You can use automated or semi-automated software to do this or you can do it manually just like you did with the Blog Directories.
3. http://technorati.com/ Claim your Blog at Technorati. Get an account at Technorati and claim your blog there. Tehcnorati is a must use for every serious blogger.
1. submit my blog to http://www.blogged.com/ is an interesting mix of a blog directory and a Google News type site which fuels its news feed from the blogs listed on the site. Blogged.com is very impressive and is free to list your blog.
2. find my favorite fashion bloggers and email them and exchange links with two other bloggers in your niche on your blogroll.
4. Customize your Blog with a unique Header and Footer Image. Don’t use the Standard Layouts. Here is a simple example… look at the header image of this blog… Will you remember it? Of course you will, at least better than most other headers… it’s unique and you don’t see a header like this anywhere… that’s again Brading!
1.http://www.blogsearchengine.com/ One of the most selective Blog Directories on the web (and WordPress powered), Blog Search Engine is owned by Performancing’s parent company and serves search results powered by IceRocket.
2. http://www.isnare.com/distribution.php You can use the ISnare article distribution service to get your article listed in hundreds of article directories. They also submit your article to many newsletter publishers. This strategy alone can create a huge viral constant flow of traffic to your blog.
3. Making business card offline
1.http://www.blogcatalog.com/ features a vast directory of categories, from academic to writing, while offering the ability to search by country, language, or user. It has a no frills design, but offers convenient member access through simple blog registration.
2. make friends with other bloggers, join http://www.mybloglog.com/ to establish your own community. MyBlogLog is a social community. You can get a constant flow of traffic through them by making friends with other bloggers and building your community.
1. http://www.globeofblogs.com/ has too many features to list. In order to be listed on the site, the blog must not be commercial. The site may appear to be busy, but I like the features of being able to search by title, author, or subject. Narrowing the search becomes easier on this blog.
2 http://www.maxblogpress.com/plugins/mpo/ using ping service. WordPress automatically pings when you make a new post but you can improve this automated Ping service by using the MBP-Ping-Optimzer and an improved list of ping services.
3. tart a Running Post, for example an experiment that lasts a week or a month. This can bound many readers to your blog. Finish each post with a Big Question or a little pre-view on what’s coming next… that will leave them eager to read more and they will come back once you make the next post.
1. http://www.britblog.com/ connotes all things British. It is not directed by location, but by the culture! It is asked that bloggers be genuinely “britished.” Being listed in this blog reaches readers all the way across the pond!
2.TrackBack other Blogs. Link to other Blogs in your posts and send them a trackback. Before you do so make sure that their blog accepts trackbacks. Sometimes you can do a PingBack instead of a TrackBack.
1.http://www.bloguniverse.com/ is the perfect place to promote your video or podcast themed blog. Its layout is easy to navigate. Although the content is limited, it is an all around good directory site worthy of submission.
2 Create and distribute viral ebooks that include a link to your Blog. You can write 20 pages short reports or ebooks and make them viral by letting other people give it away for free. Include your blog url throughout these viral reports and you’ll soon get tons of viral traffic.
1. http://www.biggerblogger.com/ is a relatively new blog directory with only a few blogs registered. The blog is intertwined with a business directory. The blog section is difficult to find, and it is located through a link on the right side of the business directory page. However, the benefit is that the earlier you are accepted on a blog directory, the more exposure your blog will obtain. In addition, a back link is indeed a back link, so this can help with your search engine placement.
2. write an hot topic today using Google alerts. You can use Google Alerts or other news sources to find the Hot Topics in your niche. Then enter the discussion with some controversy.
- http://entrecard.com/ Entrecard can be a huge source of traffic but you need to invest about 10 minutes each day to be active and drop some cards.
1.http://www.bloggernity.com/ you find a crisp, clean, and easy to navigate site. Scrolling down, you find the new blogs. As there is little advertising on the home page, it is pleasant to the eye of the reader as well.
2.http://www.blogcatalog.com/ register the blog, Your blog simply must be in the Blog Catalog. You can get a nice flow of traffic from them after a while.
3.use the keyword in your title and in the first sentence of your post.
1.http://www.bloggapedia.com/ has an interesting and eye catching homepage. Readers are easily connected to the top blogs and newest posts. Innovative categories and a colorful design make this blog directory a hit.
2.Submit a XML sitemap of your Blog to Google Webmasters You don’t need to do that, but if you know that some of your pages are not spidered yet, then this will get them indexed pretty soon.
1.http://www.spillbean.com/ is a well-designed blog directory site with categories such as health, society, internet, and personal. The site is aesthetically pleasing, but there are not many listings yet.
2 http://www.noupe.com/ Install the most important WordPress Plugins.
http://www.bloggingfusion.com/ is a blog with over sixty categories. These categories include photo blogs and family focused blogs. Blogging Fusion has an good amount of blog listings within the directory, and it also has visitor stats available.
2. Answer questions about fashion marketing in China at Yahoo Answers Yahoo Answers is a great place to establish yourself as an expert in your niche. That will have a branding effect.
http://www.blogflux.com/ is not only a tool for bloggers, but a directory that has the listings in alphabetic order. The blog listings are organized and clear. It is definitely an effective blog directory in which to be listed.
Be Controversial Be different, be unique, stand out of the crowd!
http://www.blogio.net/ may be a small blog directory with few listings, but it worthy of a submission. Despite its small size, there are quality blogs and a solid ability to search on this site.
Install a Bookmarking Widget below each post so that your readers can easily bookmark your post.
http://www.blogexplosion.com/ claims to be the largest blog promoter on the internet. They have a vast directory but do not seem to have direct links. However, the listing in the directory can still show up in SERP’s, so keep this in mind.
Submit to My Yahoo! When you submit your own RSS to My Yahoo it is indexed by Yahoo.
http://www.superblogdirectory.com/ is a great site that offers tools to posters that others do not. You can see the latest submitted links and blogs on the site, which is a perk that draws traffic into the directory.
Submit to Google’s Reader. When you submit your own blog RSS to Google’s Reader the Google Blog Search will index your site.
Submit your blog to traditional search engines such as AltaVista, and MSN
submit my blofg to http://www.dmoz.org/
Use track backs. If there is a blog that you refer to or quote and it is highly relevant to your subject, leave a track back. It increases your link popularity and may even score a few interested readers from the linked site.
Go offline. Use newspaper ads, public bulletin boards, business cards, even stickers to let as many people as possible know your blog exists
go to google group to find a likeminded people and talk to them
go to YAHOO group to find a likeminded people and talk to them
go to MSN group to find a likeminded people and talk to them
Use Ping-0-matic to ping blog directories. Do this every time you publish. http://www.pingomatic.com
tag your website. Tagging is a new idea that has erupted across the web. Sites like Del.icio.us, Technorati and many others have a social feature that allows you to place your article under keywords or “tags” that everyone interested in that tag can see.
Set up a feed on MyYahoo.com so your site gets regularly spidered by the Yahoo search engine (see tutorial on http://www.biztipsblog.com)
1.Submit your blog to traditional search engines: http://www.submitfire.com
2.Submit your blog to blog directories. The most comprehensive list of directories is on this site: http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55/ Tip: Create a form to track your submissions; this can take several hours when you first start so schedule an hour a day for submitting or hire a VA to do it for you
1. Add a link to your blog in your email signature file.
2. Put a link to your blog on every page of your website.
3. If you publish a newsletter, make sure you have a link to your blog in every issue.
4. Include a link to your blog as a standard part of all outgoing correspondence such as autoresponder sequences, sales letters, reports, white papers, etc.
5. Print your blog URL on your business cards, brochures and flyers.
6. Make sure you have an RSS feed URL that people can subscribe to. The acronym RSS means Rich Site Summary, or some may consider its meaning as Really Simple Syndication. It is a document type that lists updates of websites or blogs available for syndication. These RSS documents (also known as ‘feeds’) may be read using aggregators (news readers). RSS feeds may show headlines only or both headlines and summaries.
To learn how news aggregators/RSS readers work, see this site: http://www.rss-specifications.com/rss-readers.htm
7. Post often to keep attracting your subscribers to come back and refer you to others in their networks; include links to other blogs, articles and websites in your posts
8. Use Trackback links when you quote or refer to other blog posts. What is TrackBack? Essentially what this does is send a message from one server to another server letting it know you have posted a reference to their post. The beauty is that a link to your blog is now included on their site.
9. Write articles to post around the web in article directories. Include a link to your blog in the author info box (See example in our signature below).
10. Make a commitment to blog everyday. 10 minutes a day can help increase your traffic as new content attracts search engine spiders. Put it on your calendar as a task every day at the same time.
Tip: Use a hit counter to track your visitor stats: how many unique visitors, how many page views, average length of visit. You can get a free hit counter at http://www.sitemeter.com